2018 SEAL COAT PROJECT
PROJECT CONTACTS: If you have any questions or concerns about this project please contact the City of Lake Elmo Engineering staff.
- Amanda Groh, Project Engineer 479.0324 amanda.groh@FOCUSengineeringinc.com
- Ryan Stempski, Project Manager 300.4267 ryan.stempski@FOCUSengineeringinc.com
The City Council awarded a contract to Pearson Bros., Inc. at the May 15, 2018 City Council Meeting. The Contractor has indicated that seal coating will begin the week of JUNE 25, 2018, weather depending. The Contractor will be responsible to notify residents at least 24 hours prior to when they plan to seal coat each neighborhood. We ask that you refrain from parking on the street and running your sprinkler system during the time the seal coating is to take place. The Substantial Completion (including sweeping of excess aggregate) date for the work in the contract is AUGUST 17, 2018.
SCOPE OF IMPROVEMENTS:
The City implements an annual seal coat project to maintain the existing street pavements throughout the City. Each street is programmed on a recurring cycle to be crack sealed and seal coated to extend the useful life of the pavement. In most cases the City will complete the crack routing and sealing on a street in the fall of one year; then apply a seal coat the next construction season.
The 2018 Seal Coat Project consists of sweeping, covering the surface of the street with a layer of liquid asphalt and then a layer of gravel on the following streets (see attached Project Location Map):
- All streets within the Demontreville Highlands Neighborhood (including Demontreville Park parking lot).
- 53rd St N from Demontreville Trl N to the cul-de-sac.
- Insert Project Location Map (2018 Lake Elmo Seal Coat Map)