The City of Lake Elmo offers competitive pay and benefits in addition to professional development opportunities to all employees. The city’s number one value statement is to foster an environment based on trust and ethics. These philosophies and practices help the City in recruiting and retaining exceptional employees. We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Accepting Applications for the Position of:
WAGE: Starting $10.00 – $14.00 AN HOUR DOQ, 20 HOURS PER WEEK
CLOSING DATE: open until filled
This part-time position involves working with the Library Director and library volunteers in the day-to-day operation of the Lake Elmo Public Library. Responsibilities involve library activities under the supervision of the Library Director. Minimum qualifications: High school diploma with exceptional customer service and computer skills. Previous library related experience preferred. Must be able to physically perform functions of the position including lifting up to 20 pounds or moving up to 50 pounds.
Position Title: Library Clerk
Department: Lake Elmo Public Library
Reports To: Library Director
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Normal Shift: Monday- Saturday; Mostly evening and weekend hours
To apply: Send resume to Director email@example.com
Library Clerk Position Description
The responsibilities listed here are illustrative of the expectations of the position, and not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. Additional or different responsibilities may develop as the City and Library’s needs evolve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs routine searches of and updates to computer records.
- Issues borrowers cards according to library procedures.
- Performs routine circulation, reserve and overdue functions.
- Inspects returned materials for damage.
- Provides information to public on circulation rules, policies, and procedures.
- Makes and checks routine arithmetic computations.
- Operates office machinery such as photocopiers, fax machines, computers, and check-out machines.
- Arranges or files materials according to library filing rules.
- Answers the telephone and takes messages.
- Calls patrons to deliver messages or information on library materials.
- Maintains confidentiality of library users’ records.
- Attends staff meetings and contributes to work-related discussions.
- Reads business emails on a regular basis to keep informed of updates, issues, and new or revised policies and procedures.
- Keeps work areas and library collections neat and clean.
- May transport books and/or library materials from one location to another within a building.
- May be assigned responsibilities related to the collection, transmission and security of monies.
- May be assigned responsibilities related to the opening and closing of the library facility.
- Other duties as assigned.