Campaign Sign Information
Election sign size limitations are based upon the date the sign is erected and the year of the election.
- Election signs erected prior to 46 days before the state primary in a state general election year are limited in size to 12 square feet.
- Election signs erected from 46 days before the state primary in a state general election year, until 10 days following the state general election, do not have size restrictions.
- Election signs erected in a non-state general election year are limited in size to 12 square feet.
Election signs are ONLY allowed on private property, except where noted below.
- Obtain permission from the property owner before placing signs.
- Signs are allowed on fences that have been erected on the property line.
- The state statute prohibition of signs and campaign materials within 100 feet of a polling place does not apply to adjacent private property within 100 feet of a polling place.
Election signs are NOT allowed on public streets or City-owned property.
- Do not place signs on public right of way (boulevard) areas.
- Do not place signs on publicly owned properties.
- Do not affix signs to utility boxes, poles, street signs, or lights.