Special assessments are a charge to properties for the cost of making a local improvement, or to collect certain charges that will benefit these properties.
- Cities may also use special assessments to recover the cost of service charges including, but not limited to:
- Snow, ice and rubbish removal from sidewalks
- Weed elimination from streets and private property
- Removal or elimination of public health or safety hazards
- Trimming and care of trees and removal of unsound trees
- Unpaid sewer and water bills
- Street reconstruction
The Finance Department administers the collection of special assessments. For questions concerning a special assessment on your property, please call the Finance Director at 651.747.3909.