Building Permits & Zoning Applications
Welcome to the Building Permits and zoning applications page. All of the following informational documents and applications are intended to guide you through the building and land use process within the City of Lake Elmo. If any of the information contained within this section is unclear, please contact the City of Lake Elmo Planning or Building Department for clarification. We are happy to assist you!
Before engaging in Building or Zoning activities in the City, check to see if a permit is needed. The following document should help you determine what types of projects require a building or zoning permit. When are City permits needed?
City of Lake Elmo Zoning Code
Call before you dig: Gopher State One
2019 Fee Schedule
Building Permit Applications
It is important to include all of the required materials in your submission.
Please read about the building permit process: The Building Permit Process
For new homes, the City requires a building permit application, two certificates of surveys to scale, and one set of plans turned into the office, an additional set of house plans needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electrical permits are issued through the State of Minnesota's eTRAKiT system which can be found here.
For right-of-way permits and information, visit our right-of-way permitting page.
For City licensing, visit our licensing page.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category
Permit Applications38 documents
Building Permit Applications15 documents
- Basement Finish Permit Application
- Building Permit Application
- Contractor License Application
- Deck Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application Packet
- Driveway Permit Application
- Fire Alarm Permit Application
- Fire Suppression Permit Application
- Manufactured Home Installation Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Pool Permit Application
- Rural Accessory Building Permit Application Packet
- Solar Energy Permit Application
- Urban Accessory Building Permit Application Packet
Building/Zoning Permit Applications5 documents
Land Use Applications18 documents
- Certificate of Zoning Compliance Application
- Comprehensive Plan Application
- CUP Application Packet
- Final Plat Application Packet
- IUP Handout Packet
- Land Use General Application
- Lot Line Adjustment Application Packet
- Minor Subdivision Application
- Preliminary Plat Application Packet
- PUD Concept Plan Stage Packet
- PUD Final Plan Stage Packet
- PUD Preliminary Plan Stage Packet
- Special Event Permit Application
- Subdivision Sketch Plan Review Packet
- Variance Application Packet
- Zoning Appeal Application Packet
- Zoning Map Amendment Application
- Zoning Text Amendment Application