Impervious Surface Mitigation Rain Gardens
The purpose of a rain garden is to create an aesthetic, and useful, amenity in low lying areas that allows rainwater and snowmelt runoff to soak in from impervious surfaces. They are beneficial to communities as they:
- Filter out pollutants from surface water before it enters the groundwater.
- Provide erosion control by holding soil in place with plant roots.
- Attract pollinating insects and birds.
- Increase community aesthetic with a variety of lush vegetation.
- Require little maintenance once established.
For further rain garden information please use the references below: