The Met Council requires that the City of Lake Elmo complete a Comprehensive Plan every 10 years, detailing the policies, goals, and calculations of land use needs for the city based upon growth projections for population, households and employment. In addition, the Comprehensive Plan identifies the general areas in the community where commercial, residential, and open space land uses will be allowed. Related to these land uses, the City provides plans, objectives, and policies indicating how the growth areas will be served by City services, such as roads, sewer, water utilities, and parks and open spaces. The Lake Elmo Comprehensive Plan is provided below by chapter.
Comprehensive Plan 2040
The City approved and adopted the 2040 Comprehensive Plan on November 5, 2019. The full PDF is available here.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Comprehensive Plan12 documents
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Community & Planning Context
- Chapter 2 - Vision, Goals and Strategies
- Chapter 3 - Land Use
- Chapter 4 - Balanced Development & Growth
- Chapter 5 - Housing
- Chapter 6 - Parks, Trails & Open Space
- Chapter 7 - Transportation
- Chapter 8 - Local Water Management Plan
- Chapter 9 - Wastewater Services
- Chapter 10 - Implementation