The city’s number one value statement is to foster an environment based on trust and ethics. These philosophies and practices help the City in recruiting and retaining exceptional employees.
The City is currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
The City of Lake Elmo is accepting applications for Ice Rink Attendants. The Ice Rink Attendant will represent the City of Lake Elmo and is responsible for the warming house and surrounding ice rinks during hours of operation. The Attendant will maintain a safe, clean environment during each shift. Ice Rink Attendant is a seasonal position; dates and hours of employment are subject to seasonal warming house/rink operation requirements.
Responsibilities will include opening and closing of warming house during hours of operation. Must be 16 years of age or older. Must be able to physically perform functions of the position, including lifting or moving up to 50 pounds and operating a shovel. Starting pay is $10.00/hr. Rink hours are 3-9 pm on weekdays; Noon to 9 pm on school holidays & weekends
Part Time Firefighter:
Perform emergency work in emergency situations for the protection of life and property from fire and other hazards, as well as the treatment of emergency medical problems.
General Duties/Essential Functions:
- Perform fire suppression, rescue and emergency medical care as necessary using safe and appropriate methods under the direct supervision of the O.I.C. using the Incident Command System.
- Operate and perform required maintenance of all department apparatus and equipment.
- Operate apparatus and equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Operation of computers, Microsoft Office and its components, (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.), as well as various office equipment, (copier, fax, scanner, phones, etc.). This also includes use of all software programs that support department operations, including, but not limited to (Image trend, IAMRESPONDING, Target Solutions).
- Support of clerical and administrative staff in keeping official records, data entry, providing support to the fire command staff.
- Participate in fire, rescue and emergency medical training as directed by Department Policy and Standard Operating Guidelines or as directed by Command Officers.
- Perform work assignments and station duties as assigned by Officers of department.
- Perform and conduct Fire Prevention/Fire Education activities as required. This may include, but is not limited to: assisting in the development of programs, ordering of supplies, scheduling of events and identifying needs in community.
- Support City Staff as it pertains to inspections and maintaining critical infrastructure, such as hydrants.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.
Send application materials to:
City of Lake Elmo
ATTN: Jake Dickson, Assistant City Administrator
3880 Laverne Avenue North, Lake Elmo, MN, 55042