Public Facilities Improvement Project Updates
The Lake Elmo City Council completed their first review of proposed designs and cost estimates for the combined City Hall and Fire Station project located at 3880 Laverne Ave N at the Tuesday, March 16th City Council Meeting. The Council also reviewed designs and cost estimates for an expansion of the Public Works facility located on Ideal Avenue. The City Council approved the preparation of construction documents at the May 18, 2021 City Council meeting. At the September 2, 2021 City Council meeting the City Council approved the advertisements of bid documents, and awarded bids on November 3, 2021. Groundbreaking took place on April 30, 2022 to kick off construction for the new City Center.
A project schedule is available here.
- Public Facilities Improvement Brochure
- Schematic Design Report and Documents
- March 16 Schematic Design Presentation
- May 18, 2021 City Council item Approving Preparation of Construction Documents
- September 2, 2021 City Council Item Approving Advertisement of Bid Documents
- November 3, 2021 City Council Item Approving Bids
- Groundbreaking Invite for April 30, 2022
Our newsletter The Fresh provides weekly updates on the project - click here for the newsletter page.
Construction progress the end of August 2022:
Construction progress mid September 2022: