The Lake Elmo Public Library is located at 3537 Lake Elmo Avenue North, Suite 130. Library hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10am to 8pm
Friday and Saturday, 10am to 2pm
Everyone may have a Lake Elmo Public Library card
Lake Elmo Public Library cards are free.
Library cards are issued at the circulation desk during open hours.
- Complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the Wi-Fi reading room.
- A periodical room with magazines and newspapers including local and national newspapers.
- Public computers and free Wi-Fi
- A large children’s library and children’s programs
- Story Time for preschool children at 10:30 a.m. every Friday
- A Teen zone with a teen collection and a private study and group meeting room
- A collection of fiction, non-fiction, DVDs, audio books, large print books and reference materials.
- Copy machine, printer and fax
- Online E-resources
- Public Meeting Room with space for up to 30 people
Use your online library to:
- Reserve Lake Elmo Public Library items to pick up at the library
- Check to see if an item you want is in the library,
- Check to see when your items are due and renew them.
- Check out an eBook
- Find links to online E-resources
- Request titles not owned by the library
Washington County Library Access
On May 1, 2015, residents of Lake Elmo no longer have to pay out of pocket, and wait for reimbursement for a Washington County Library card. The City and Lake Elmo Public Library have partnered with Washington County to bill the library fund for one family card per household.
The cards may be issued and used at any Washington County Library. Stillwater Library and Bayport Library are included and will also issue cards without up-front payment. The cards are good for books, DVDs, audio books, magazines, and other physical items, but not eBooks. Lake Elmo Public Library has a collection of eBooks available to Lake Elmo Public Library card holders; and the library welcomes suggestions for new additions.
The Library Board does not have the same agreement with Ramsey County. So, if a Lake Elmo resident would rather have a Ramsey County card, or for some other county, the resident will have to pay upfront and be reimbursed, as in the old system.