Water Rebate Program
About the program
The City of Lake Elmo, in partnership with the Metropolitan Council, is offering a rebate program for purchases of eligible water efficient products. The goal of the water efficiency grant program is to improve municipal water use. This funding has enabled Lake Elmo to provide a rebate to current water customers who replace existing devices with specified water efficient products. Qualifying purchases are eligible for a rebate on your water bill.
- Rebates are only available to City of Lake Elmo utility customers with non-delinquent accounts.
- New Construction Homes are not eligible.
- Purchases must be a US EPA WaterSense and/or Energy Star Labeled product.
- The City reserves the right to inspect the controller for proper installation.
The City covers 100% of the pre tax cost (customer must cover sales tax or an amount equal to the sales tax).
How to apply
To participate in the program visit https://www.epa.gov/watersense/product-search to find a product that matches your needs and meets the EPA Water Sense standards for efficiency.
Smart Controller rebate - WaterSense Website
- Rebate maximum for controllers = $200
- Complete the rebate form and turn in your form, receipt and WaterSense label to Lake Elmo City Hall.
WaterSense Toilet rebate - WaterSense Website
- Rebate maximums for Toilets = $100 per toilet
- To participate in the program, after you purchase a WaterSense toilet, complete the rebate form and turn in your form, receipt and WaterSense label to Lake Elmo City Hall.
Washing Machine rebate - WaterSense/Energy Star Website
- Rebate maximums for washing machine = $150
- To participate in the program, after you purchase a washer, complete the rebate form and turn in your form, receipt and Energy Star label to Lake Elmo City Hall.
Irrigation Audit by a WaterSense certified professional - WaterSense/Energy Star Website
- Rebate maximums for audit = $500
- To participate in the program, select a certified auditor, fill out the rebate form completely and turn in your form to City Hall.
You may drop off or mail to: Lake Elmo City Hall, Utility Department, 3880 Laverne Ave N, Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Find It, Flag It, Fix It - Landscape Water Checklist
Upon approval, the rebate will be applied to your utility account.
For questions about the rebate programs please email UtilityBilling@lakeelmo.org