Lake Elmo City Offices will be closed on Monday, September 1, 2014, in observance of Labor Day. Regular office hours will resume on Tuesday, September 2nd.
www.lakeelmo.org - Your source for city news and information.
The City Clerk’s Office is looking for a few more election judges to serve in the 2014 State General Election on November 4, 2014. To qualify as a judge you must be eligible to vote in Minnesota, must declare what party you consider yourself affiliated, and you cannot be the spouse, parent, child, or sibling of any election judge serving in the same precinct at the same time or any candidate of that election.
Election judges are paid for training and working the election. If you are interested in serving your community as an election judge, please contact City Clerk Adam Bell at email@example.com or Deputy Clerk Beckie Gumatz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manning Trail will be closed south of 20th Street on Wednesday, August 6, 2014, from 8:30 am to 3 pm for maintenance.
The 38th annual Huff ‘n Puff Days will be held August 7 through August 10. In addition to the 96-team softball tournament there will be many other activities to enjoy during your time at Huff n’ Puff. The main location for this event is Lions Park in Lake Elmo, but several other ball fields are used throughout this 4-day tournament. New to this year’s event is added activities for the kids and the St. Croix Battle of the Bands competition on Friday, Aug. 8. Following is a full list of activities:
- SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT: 96 Teams (64 men’s teams, 32 women’s teams). Thursday & Friday evenings, all day Saturday and Sunday.
- MEDALLION HUNT: The first clue will posted Sunday, Aug. 3 and continue until the medallion is found. Clues will be published on The Huff n’ Puff Facebook page and at www.lakeelmojaycees.org. The medallion will be hidden in Lake Elmo, and the person who finds it will be awarded with a prize of $100.
- KIDS GAMES & ACTIVITIES: NOON – 4 PM: Kids activities will take place in the playground area of Lions Park. All activities are FREE! Carnival games with prizes will available from noon to 4 pm and special activities Mad Science will run from Noon-2pm, and Games2U from 2-4pm.
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: FRIDAY, AUG. 8: Take in some live music and watch up to 8 bands battle for the title of ‘Best Band in the St. Croix Valley.” Takes place from 7-11 pm in the parking lot of Fire Station #1, across from Lions Park ballfield.
- BEAN BAG TOURNAMENTS: SATURDAY AUG. 9: Saturday: 1pm & 4pm start times. Double-Elimination. Team fee: $20. Teams consist of two people. Prizes for top three teams. Register at the Ticket Booth in Lions Park prior to scheduled start times.
- PANCAKE BREAKFAST: SATURDAY, AUG. 9 & SUNDAY, AUG. 10: Saturday & Sunday: 8am – Noon. The Pancake Breakfast is a fundraising event ran by & for the Lake Elmo Fire Department & will be held at Station #1 across from Lion’s Park.
Food, beverages, and merchandise will be available throughout the event. Remember to stop by the ticket booth to enter for free prize drawings. Click here for more details on Huff ‘n Puff.
The Huff ‘n Puff event is produced by the Lake Elmo Jaycees, a local service organization that supports the city of Lake Elmo and surrounding St Croix River Valley communities by giving time and financial support for community and youth projects. For more information about the Jaycees visit www.lakeelmojaycees.org.
Lake Elmo City Council recently approved plans submitted by Kwik Trip, Inc. for the development of a convenience store, carwash, and fueling facility to be located at the southwest quadrant of Hudson Boulevard and Keats Avenue North. The 24-hour facility will sell standard fuel, in line diesel, and E-85, as well as groceries, bakery and dairy, hot and cold food and beverages, tobacco products, lotto, convenience store merchandise, ice, and propane. Construction is expected to begin mid to late August.